B.Anjaneyulu


Abiding Grace of Bhagavan Sri Ramana

By B. Anjaneyulu

It was in 1948 that I went to Tiruvannamalai along with my mother and other relatives, as the nephew of my mother, Sri Lakshmana Yogeeswara of Gudur, was staying at Ramanasramam engaged in meditation there. On the morning after our arrival, we entered the hall of Sri Bhagavan to have his holy darshan. There was a large concourse of devotees in the hall. It was 8.00 a.m. when Bhagavan entered the hall with his bewitchingly divine smile. Everybody in the hall stood up in great veneration and there was absolute silence.

I was overwhelmed with joy to see so many earnest souls and I was thrilled at the sight of Bhagavan’s divine personality. Never before had I experienced such profound bliss. Waves of some strange power swept through me and I was lost in inexpressible ecstasy. My mind was free from all thoughts. Bhagavan alone pervaded my being. I did not know what it was then, as I was only a lad of 14. This was my first and last darshan of Sri Bhagavan and the only time I had such a rare spiritual experience. His eternal and all-pervading grace has been with me in all the ups and downs of my life.